Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hinduism and Buddhism
Transcript of Hinduism and Buddhism
*They were first made for scripture teaching.
The Four Vedas were Rig, Sama, Yajur, and Atharva .
*The Vedas were not written they were passed down from time to time.
The Vedas were important because it was their most important text in Hinduism. Hinduism begin in the Indus River Valley. It was created by the people of India. * Polytheistic Religion The definition of the polytheistic religion is the belief in more than one god or many gods.
Polytheistic Religion is when you are worshiping a lot of gods at the same time.
* Some of the religions that ARE polytheistic are Hinduism, Buddhism, and Shintoism.
Religions that are not polytheistic are Christianity, Islam,and Judaism. How Many Gods Are There In Hinduism? The three main gods are Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. There are 330 million Hindu gods total. Shiva Vishnu Brahma Brahma is the god of the creator of all reality.
He was the first god in Hinduism.
Brahma job was to create the world and everything and everyone that lived in it .
Brahma is now NOT as worshiped as the others.
WHAT DOES BRAHMA LOOK LIKE?
Brahma has four heads.
He has four heads because of the four Vedas.
He also has four arms ! Vishnu Vishnu was the second god in Hinduism.
Vishnu job was to preserver and protector of the universe.
He balanced out the good and evil in the world.
-------------------------------- WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE?
He looked like a regular human except he was blue.
He has four arms also. Shiva Shiva was the third god created in Hinduism
His job was to destroy the world so the Vishnu can create it all again.
WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE?
He has a blue body with red hands.
He had long earrings
He is usually in a crossed leg position. What is the Caste System? The Caste System is a system that you are born into.
Whatever caste you are born into decides who you get to associate with and who you can marry.
When you are born into a caste you always stay in there,you can, never change no matter what.
The 5 caste systems are : Brahmins Kshatriya, Vasiyas, Sudra, and Praiah( The Brahmins (Priest) and Kshatriya(warriors and Rulers) People that are in the Brahmins are in the highest caste. That means that they are the most important.
Some jobs that the Brahmins have are marriage, funerals, birth ceremony's, and much more.
People that are in this caste are the second highest they get treated good. Their job is to protect all of the people.
They also hunt for food. Vaisyas, Sudra, and Prahiah Vaisyas is the third best system people in the Vaisyas job is to trade and to and to do agriculture.
Sudra is the second to last caste they do not get the best attention. Their job is to be a service worker.
The Prahiah are the untouchables their job is to Main Beliefs In Hinduism Karma- action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation
Reincarnation-the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
Dharma- essential quality or character, as of the cosmos or one's own nature
Moksha-freedom from the different, temporal, and mortal world of ordinary experience. Three Main Festivals of Hinduism. Diwali- is a festival of lights that occur in October and November.
Navratri- occurs nine nights were you fast and pray.
Vijayadashami- when people visit other people's homes. It is one of the most important. Beliefs of Buddhism Karma-action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation
Reincarnation- the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form
Nirvana- a state in which there is neither suffering or desire. How Was Hinduism Started WHO started HINDUISM? Where ? The people who started Hinduism were the people of India. They recorded hymns and other important information, it eventually became the religion called Hinduism. It was started when two different groups combined. It caused Hinduism because they had different religions. Hinduism was started by the people in the Indus River Valley. In the Indus River Valley Four Noble Truths 1. Life Noble Truths
2. The truth of origin is suffering .
3. Sensation of Suffering
4. Path to the cessation Eightfold Path 1. Right View
2. Right Intentions
3. Right Speech
4. Right Action
5. Right Livelihood
6. Right Effort
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right Concentration. Eightfold Path Is comprising eight aspects in which an aspirant must become practiced: right views, intention, speech, action, effort, concentration, and the other aspects. Five Precepts 1. You undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures
2. You undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.
3. You undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
4. You undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech
5. You undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness. What does the 5 Precepts 1. It means you have to promise not to destroy any living things.
2. It means you can NOT steal anything that isn't yours.
3. It means you can not do anything inappropriate to other people
4. You means you can not say anything bad.
5. It means you can't do any drugs. Similarities Between Hinduism and Buddhism Similatites
1.They both have karma in there religion.
2. Both believe in Gods.
3. They both believe in meditation.
4. Both believe in suffering.
5. Both believe in multiple Gods.
6. They both believe in spiritual practices.
7. They both started in India.
8. They both worship in temples. Differences 1.Hinduism followers the Vedas.
2. Buddhist do not believe in Hindu God's.
3. Hindu's think there are four goals in life.
4. Hinduism was not founded by one person.
6.Buddhism doesn't believe in the creator God.
7.Hindu's believe in dharma.
8. Buddhist are followers of Buddha.
9.Buddhist believe in the rebirth after death.
10. Buddhist goal is to reach enlightenment. Siddhartha He ran away because, he wanted to see what death, sickness, and old were.
He starved himself so he could see what these were.
He was born as a very high prince.
His parent were very protective of him and they kept everything bad awya from him.
He then figured out what those things were..it was SUFFERING.
Anfd he figured out a way to end sufferning.