Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Raising Capital
* Sources of Raising Capital
* Case Study
* Conclusion Outline * What is the definition of Raising Capital?
* Why do we need Raising Capital? Introduction * Bootstrapping
* Friends and Family
* Angel Investors The Sources of Raising Capital
* At the earliest stages, self-funding is ideal
* The funds can come from:
The sale of assets
* Many new business owners may use a combination of different sources to raise capital Bootstrapping
* If you do not put your personal savings into the venture can find it hard to raise money from your friends and family
* You should think thoroughly before investing your personal finances. If the business idea is not feasible, you will lose everything Tips for The Bootstrapping The Sources of Raising Capital * Important sources for financing start-up, they can provide additional capitals for your business.
* Many of these borrows can be made available rather quickly
* This is one of the most common sources of funding, it is also one of the riskiest Friends and Family
* Sign the loan agreement with investor
* Pays out attractive interest
* Agreement can include a clause that allows investors to get their money back at any time Tips for Friends and Family * The people who provide starting capital to a new business and expects a percentage of ownership equity in return
* Angels provide additional value beyond the funds they provide:
Selecting a well-matched investor can help you to successful get the capital from them and avoid discrepancy happen Angel Investors * Learn about the different types of angel investors
before you go about recruiting one
* Write a presentation and a Business Plan to your angel investors
* Be modest and patient Tips for Angel Investors (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr http://www.yuvaltalblog.com FreeDigitalPhotos.net http://www.andreini.com http://blog.startupprofessionals.com http://www.ibusinessangel.com (cc) image by rocketboom on Flickr (cc) image by quoimedia on Flickr Chanuka Abdalmajeed (cc) photo by theaucitron on Flickr Faisal Ronnie Liz Lin www.SlideShare.com Admin (2012) “Importance of valuation in the venture capital equation” viewed 13 Sep 2012, <http://www.venturecapitalcentre.com.au/tag/angel-investor/>
Bygrave, W. & Zacharakis A. (2011) “Entrepreneurship”, ch.10, USA: Wiley, 2rd Edition.
Gleeson,A (n.d), “Bootstrapping your way to success”, viewed 15 Sep 2010,<http://articles.bplans.co.uk/starting-a-business/bootstrapping-your-way-to-success/402>
Hymes,T (2011),”Raising Capital & Defining Success”, viewed 14 Sep 2012, <http://doohsocial.com/?p=280>
Pardede, E (2012),“Raising Money for the Business”, viewed 12 Sep 2012 <https://latrobe.edu.au>
Togobo,G (n.d),”Top 7 tips for working with friends & family”, viewed 15 Sep 2012, <http://www.awovi.com/top-7-tips-for-working-with-friends-family/>
References Entrepreneurs’ Steps – Assess a V/Cs Reaching a Venture Capital Harvesting Investments
- Buyback IPO – produces the highest valuation in most case – raising a substantial capital without repaid Co-operation Initial Public Offering (IPO) Initial Public Offering (IPO) Who is Warren Buffet?
* He’s considered one of worlds most successful investors ever!
* CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, an American multinational company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, United States, which manages a number of subsidiary companies
* Focus mainly on Diversified investments, property and casualty insurance
Case Study www.keyfeeonly.com * He started early!!
* At the age of 11, he bought three shares of Cities Service Preferred for himself, and three for his sister. While in high school he invested in a business owned by his father and bought a farm worked by a tenant farmer.
* By the time he finished college, Buffett had accumulated more than $90,000 in savings measured in 2009 dollars.
What so special about him? Levels of funding and firm maturity
Warren Buffet The best place to start exploring Buffett's ideas is our article
on Warren Buffett's investment principles, which will lead you,
step-by-step, through the tests we believe Buffett uses in
determining which companies to invest in.
For your Interest Any Questions