Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Eucharist
Those in the Eucharist must be reconcilers If we are to share in the Eucharist, we are to be peacemakers and work for reconciliation - both in our personal relationships and the larger world around us. Christian Stewards Christian steward "One who receives God's gifts gratefully, cherishes and tends them in a responsible and accountable manner, shares them in justice and love with other, and returns them with increase to the Lord." Stewardship Sharing time, talent, and treasure. It is a spirituality grounded in an attitude of gratitude. The way to become a Christian steward is through the mass, also known as the Eucharist. The word "Eucharist"means thanksgiving. The heart of every mass begins when the priest invites the assembly to join him in the Eucharistic prayer by saying, "Let us give thanks to the Lord our God." Reasons for giving thanks to God - The gift of creation
- Forgiveness and redemption won for us in His son's death and resurrection
- Gift of the Holy Spirit
- For a share in the very Body and Blood of Christ Catholics who participate regularly in the Eucharistic liturgy are gradually but progressively formed in an outlook on life that is mindful of the many blessings that God has given us. If one fully and consciously participates in the Liturgy, then one's outlook also overflows in a spirit of gratitude. Basis of Stewardship A GREATFUL HEART We become even more grateful the more mindful we are of the many blessings that God has showered upon us. PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING Praying the Prayer of Thanksgiving over and over again instills a deep spirituality that is rooted in gratitude and overflows in a life of stewardship. Those who are attentive as they join in the Eucharist every week become more aware of the blessings given to them. Go to mass for what you can give, rather than what you can get. Offer yourself to God. A sense of of being blessed is awakened in us when receiving the Bread of Life and Cup of Salvation. Main Points Give back to those in need
What we do in the Liturgy must have real consequences in the rest of our lives (as said by Jewish Prophets, Jesus, and Church Magesterium). The Eucharist stands at the center of the Church's life The Church was born of the Paschal Mystery
The Eucharist is the Sacrament of the Paschal Mystery Jesus instituted the sacrament of the Eucharist at the Last Supper. Jesus' Passion begins to unfold Passover - celebrates truth that God's deliverance never fails. Significant that Jesus instituted the Eucharist at a Passover Supper. His sacrificial death-Resurrection was the great Passover of the New Covenant. Jesus linked the Eucharist to the Passover The one who serves is the greatest in God's Kingdom. Jesus washed the disciples' feet The sacrament makes it possible for us to live as the Body of Christ in the world. You cannot take part of a banquet of peace if you are not at peace with your neighbors. The Eucharist is tied with the Paschal Mystery
It stands as the center of the Church's life
It was instituted at Passover We must be at peace with one another in order to receive the Body of Christ Stewardship is a disciple's response to God's blessings
We must be grateful for all the blessings God has given us Review Questions:
1. How are we, as Catholics, supposed to live our lives after the Liturgy?
2. How did Jesus link the Eucharist to Passover?
3. What connection is there with the Eucharist and becoming peacemakers?
1. _______ said that one must serve others after the Liturgies:
a. Jewish Prophets b. Jesus
c. Pope John Paul II d. all of the above
2. The Eucharist is linked to
a. creation b. the Paschal Mystery
c. both b & d d. parables
3. The word Eucharist means:
a. love b. bread
c. thanksgiving d. none of these Fill In
1. The _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ is the center of the Church's life.
2. His sacrificial death-Resurrection was the great _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of the New Covenant.
3. To "serve others" or "wash feet" are important metaphors for embracing the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of Jesus in our everyday lives.
4. Paul spoke of the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ in order to remind the Early Church that those who share in the Eucharist must be reconcilers.
5. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ is a spirituality - a way of life - grounded in an attitude of gratitude.