Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Graphical Password Authentication
Transcript of Graphical Password Authentication
Why Graphical Password?
Limitations on memorability
Current Authentication Methods
Not used frequently
Multiple password on multiple accounts
Not changed frequently
Easily guessable or short -text
Brute force search
Based on “Something You Possess”
Good example is Kerberos
Based on “Something You Are”
The most secure!
Expensive & Slow
Based on “Something You Know”
Self-Service Password-Retrieving Process
A picture worth a thousand of words!
Minimized the tendency to select insecure passwords
Hard to figure out
Hard to guess
Graphical Password Systems
Cued recall-based/ Location-based
Pure recall-based/Grid based
Upload Click Adjust
Background DAS (BDAS)
Reproduce same outline drawing
Add background image Increased complexity Better security
Security Properties and
Applies direct observation methods
Using spy camera to capture
Brute Force Attack
Tries every possible combinations
of password until being authenticated
Systematically enters each word in dictionary
Application to FYP
- Unauthorized access
- Leaking of private information
- Unauthorized amendments
- Déjà Vu + one challenge question
- 90% of success rate
- Less vulnerable
- Especially when making any changes/inserting
any new records
- Stolen of confidential information
- Lost of mobile phone
- Unknown Wi-Fi network
- Passpoints + alphanumerical password
- Emerging of touch experience
- Instant access through self-service portal
- Limit the gestures
Hand geometry scan
Includes both text-based and picture-based