Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bollywood Dancing
1.The term Bollywood was created by conflating Bombay (the city now called Mumbai) and Hollywood (the famous center of the United States film industry).
2.People in India have been brought up on musicals and if the music in a film isn't very good, sometimes the movie doesn't sell. Specific producers, such as Yash Chopra, Karan Johar generally produce movies with phenomenal and very emotional songs; hence the dancing comes into play.
3.Choreographers are now starting to take the industry by storm because Farah Khan – a famous choreographer recently directed her first movie called Main Hoon Na. This goes to show that people want to see elaborate and funky dance sequences, they don't want pure acting, hence dancing is a crucial.
4.The dancing in Bollywood films, especially older ones, is primarily modeled on Indian dance: classical dance styles, dances of historic northern Indian courtesans (tawaif), or folk dances..
5. 5.99% of the films Bollywood turns out are musicals full of incredibly imaginative, loud, vibrant and exciting scenes of song and dance. More Interesting Facts: 1.Bollywood dancing is an exotic and exciting way of getting your body fit and healthy through Indian exercise..
2. It offers a fun and expressive workout, incorporating classical, folk and funk styles of dance.
3. Bollywood dancing is an expressive form of movement based around the popular Indian film genre..
4. Fusing classical Indian steps with folk, Latin and hip-hop styles, it offers a fast-moving and vivacious dancing workout that is great for enjoyable group exercise.
5. The most popular type of Bollywood dancing is Bhangra, a folk dance that stems from Punjab in northern India. 1. Bollywood dance has its origins in Indian classical and folk dance. 2. Over the years this has been mixed with popular Western dance forms.
3. Bollywood dancers were actually men because it was not considered respectable for women to appear in films and dance.
4. In India, dance is done for every occasion -- when a child is born, when a name is given to the child, when the lady is pregnant, when somebody gets married -- children learn dance from when they are very young (Rauschert)”
5. Bollywood dance historical roots refer to Hindi culture short film and movie industry and cultural art originating from Bombay, also referred to as Mumbai. Historical facts: Show And Tell Piece: 1.A Sari-traditional dress or pants
2.Bangles-traditional jewelry for beauty and color Indian Sari Indian Bangles Indian Head- Dresses \