Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wayne Bertram Williams
Transcript of Wayne Bertram Williams
"The Atlanta Monster"
The Atlanta Child Killer"
"The Atlanta Child Murder"
- Arrested 6/21/1981 at age 23
- Convicted of the first murder 6/23/1981
- Convicted of second murder 2/27/1982
- Sentenced to, 2 life sentences
- In Hancock State Prison
- Denied bond
- Born on May 27, 1958 in Atlanta Georgia
- 1973 At age 15 he worked as an announcer for WIGO radio.
- 1974 He owned a radio station
- 1976 He graduated with honors from his high school.
- 1977 He attended Georgia State University, majored in psych and business administration
The Way out
- African American
- Only child
- Born in Atlanta Georgia
- Lived with both parents, parents married
- No siblings
- Good home / family life
- He was supposedly homosexual and single
- 1976 At age 18 he was arrested for impersonating a police man. (Not convicted)
- Dropped out of college 1979.
- At age 21 he started killing, 1979.
- He strangled 7, suffocated 8, beat 2, stabbed 2 and 4 were undetermined.
- African American boys ages 9-28 were his target.
- He was suspected of 23-30+ murders, only convicted of 2.
- He did not confess to any murders
- "The Atlanta Monster"
- "The Atlanta Child Killer"
- "The Atlanta Child Murderer"
- Organized lust killer
- He is now 56 in prison still alive
- Pleaded to NGRI (Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity)
- Plead was unsuccessful