Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Infection Biology - Virology lab
Transcript of Infection Biology - Virology lab
Thank you for lisening
Splitting and counting of cells
infection: A549 cells with 5dl309
Drug treatment: BIX & TSA
Nanodrop measurement - perfomed to see quality and concentration of DNA & RNA
Making cDNA out of RNA. (Because of RNA-instability, and that qPCR only works with DNA.)
qPCR - relative quantification of viral DNA copy number
qPCR - absoulute quantification of viral and cellular mRNA.
Virology - Lab presentation
Emil Lindström & Erik Molander
Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor (TSA)
Histone Methyltransferace Inhibitor (BIX)
Adenovirus 5 dl309 - Deleted gene E3
E3 - Promotes apoptosis
Too few cells to begin with
contamination of MOCK
contaminated DNA and RNA samples
Low concentrations of DNA and RNA
Aim: To investigate the effects of the drugs TSA and BIX on infected cells