Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fixed-Choice Tests & Complex- Performance Assessments
Transcript of Fixed-Choice Tests & Complex- Performance Assessments
Types of Assessment Procedures
Advantages of Fixed-choice Test
Disadvantages of Complex-Performance Assessments
open-ended mathematics problems
creation of art
exhibition of student's work
Complex -Performance Assessment :
-relies on extended task
-relies on the analysis of complex student performances
open -math question
-reflect long-term instructional goal
-solve problems of importance outside the confine of the school
more time consuming and score than fixed-choice tests
Fixed-Choice Tests & Complex-Performance Assessments
High reliability for a given period of time
Responses can be machine scored
Students are allowed only a brief period to respond
more time consuming
Requires a high degree of expertise and training
More time consuming
1. A farmer grows 196 pounds of potatoes. He sells them to a grocer who divides them into 5 pound and 2 pound bags. If the grocer uses the same number of 5 pound and 2 pound bags, how many bags of each did he use? （5m）
Disadvantages of Fixed-choice Test
overemphasize factual knowledge and low-level skills at the expense of higher order problem solving and conceptual skills
drive instructions that are inconsistent with current understandings of cognition and learning