Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 11 5/3
why read it?
Literary Criticism: Of Mice and Men
Read and annotate the different examples of literary criticism
What claim is being made in each example? How does it better inform your understanding?
Copy down the Lesson EQ
In your notes, complete one of the following sentences
Before I see a movie, I read reviews because...
Before I see a movie, I don't read reviews because...
How does reading a review affect the way we interpret or feel about something?
Tuesday, May 3rd
Write a proposal for your literary criticism
What question do you plan to answer and how?
Comments on or questions authorial decisions
Forms an opinion about an element of a text
Makes a claim as to why the author made specific decisions
What's the point of reading this?
Advocates for a particular interpretation of a text
Offers insight into a text and the author's choices
Informs readers about credible and legitimate interpretations of a text