Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Transcript of Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Molecular Biology + IT Angela M.
SBI 3U1 How DNA is Sequenced HUman Genome Project Necessary to speed up sequencing to lower cost $10 per base in 1990
10¢ per base in 2003 Computational Biology Analyzing the data 4 years for first 1 billion bases
4 months for second 1 billion bases Biochemistry Medicine Oncology Agriculture What does it help specifically? What is the other 99% doing? What is really going on in the whole genome? Junk DNA Millions of switches 80% of the human genome has a function Searching for cures Ethical Concerns Knowledge of your genetic profile Ownership Thank you :) ?