Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Transcript of Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Molecular Biology + IT Angela M.
SBI 3U1 How DNA is Sequenced HUman Genome Project Necessary to speed up sequencing to lower cost $10 per base in 1990
10¢ per base in 2003 Computational Biology Analyzing the data 4 years for first 1 billion bases
4 months for second 1 billion bases Biochemistry Medicine Oncology Agriculture What does it help specifically? What is the other 99% doing? What is really going on in the whole genome? Junk DNA Millions of switches 80% of the human genome has a function Searching for cures Ethical Concerns Knowledge of your genetic profile Ownership Thank you :) ?