Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AT-MOSH-SPHERE 2014
• A perfect blend of the adrenaline rush of a battle, boisterousness of a moshpit and rhapsodical music, At-Mosh-Sphere is the battle of the bands competition which aims to promote the much underground driven and oft side-lined, band culture amongst the youth of the nation and provide a stage to bring forth untapped potential at an unparalleled level.
In its first year of inception, At-Mosh-Sphere saw a grand reception amongst the youth who were in attendance of our Annual techno-cultural Fest, FLARE’13 with a slew of bands auditioning from all over the country to battle it out amongst the best of the lot.
The culmination day saw for bands competing, one representing PDPU, one entry via voting, and two from the auditions held the day before.
The D-day saw the emergence of Reserpine as the coveted winner in the final competition adjudged by esteemed alternative-progressive band from Bhopal, JOSHISH who followed on to perform on stage as the headlining act for the evening enthralling the crowd gathered and leaving all mesmerised after a one-of-a-kind performance.
FLARE is the annual cultural cum techno fest of PDPU.
• FLARE aims to be the pinnacle in showcasing youthful vigour , vibrancy and versatility.
• Being planned out to be held over a period of 3 days will be an annual fixture and will be a melting pot of talents coming from all over the country.
• Cultural events will include dance, music fashion shows and what not. Technical events will include a whole gamut of events like paper presentations, website designing ,technical quizzes .Add to that LAN Gaming , and rock shows, FLARE is set to create an atmosphere of excitement and Buzz
• PDPU stands for Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University.
• Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has been established by GERMI as a Private University through the State Act enacted on 4th April, 2007.
• Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University has been promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) to create a world class University in energy education and research with special focus on the oil and gas sector.
How can YOU benefit
• The cafe stands to gain by garnering a large crowd on the day of the event
• The cafe would be much publicized as we publicize our event across cities throughout the time leading up to the day of final event.
• The cafe can emerge as a platform for supporting the budding music scene in and around Ahmedabad.
This year we plan to take At-Mosh-Sphere to an elevated level of grandeur, and in turn being one of the reasons which FLARE is recognised for.
By tweaking it’s format, Team AMS plans to reach out to music fanatics across the length and breadth of the nation, irrespective of the genre to a uniform platform to win the coveted spot of
FORMAT OF At-Mosh-Sphere 2014
Citing the abundance of talent in PDPU, we aim to tap and channelize it
In this stage, the wide array of bands in our University will get a chance to straightaway qualify for the final round of At-Mosh-Sphere 2014.
Inter- Stage Auditions
Bands from all over the country, irrespective of the genre will be eligible to participate in this stage of the competition.
The Inter-Stage is proposed to be further bifurcated into two:
1. The competition shall take place outside of the premises of PDPU at a location that is well equipped with its own sound system and is in the heart of the city of Ahmedabad. It is proposed to be a pre-Flare event, set to take place a week before our annual Techno-Cultural fest.
Two bands shall qualify for the final day.
Bands spread all across the country can participate by sending in their video entries.
We aim to provide a fair chance to the prospective participants to prove their mettle, irrespective of where they hail from. Therefore, this would give an opportunity for participating in the competition for the bands that can’t physically come down to Gujarat for the preliminary round.
This way we will be able to muster support and create a loyal base all over the country.
One band shall be selected via video entries.
All the bands that must have qualified from the previously conducted rounds shall battle it out on the final day.
Bands shall be given a set list of songs from which they will have to cover any one song of their choice.
The song list shall be made available to the participants as soon as they register for the preliminary round of the event.
The bands will be required to perform this cover song along with an original composition.