Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Unit 28: The Athlete's Lifestyle
Transcript of Copy of Unit 28: The Athlete's Lifestyle
Develop an understanding of the lifestyle factors that can affect athletic performance.
Think about professional athletes and some of the lifestyle
factors that affects a players performance.
Lifestyle factors are defined in 3 Catorgies:
Leisure time- Appropriate/ Inappropriate
Rest- Allows body to recuperate
Relaxation- Active or Passive
Socialising - Seek company of others
Can be positive or Negative
- babysitting, Chores, Expectations, Spending time with them, being away from home.
- Socialising, Bullying, Jealously, Drinking, Drugs, Odd one out.
- Same age, status and ability.
Coaching Staff/ Teacher
- Performance, Academics
- Performance, Fitness, Injuries, team mates
- Good to relax but can over do it. GF's/BF's, being away from home.
To develop knowledge and understanding of the lifestyle factors that affect an athlete
Make a list of everything you did over the last 2 days. Include the times and make sure it adds up to 48 hours
You've got 5 minutes........
Drugs (Recreational / Performance enhancing)
Unruly Behaviour (on and off the field)
Equipment, Travel, Food, Living
Income from Parents
- (Early Years)
Part Time Job
- Lottery Grants, Athlete Personal Award (Free from tax)
become more expensive the higher you compete (Full Time)
- Local, National, Int'national
- Attracts players to games.
- Throughout their career in case of injuries/ short careers.
- Income revenue
National Insurance contributions
Tax on earnings
- Make profit, way of saving e.g Clothing ranges/ Perfumes.
- Equipment, Life, Personal Accident, Medical.
- Retirement age, based on how much you put into the scheme
- All income is taxed apart from government grants for Amateurs.
- Self Employed or PAYE
- State Pensions, maternity