Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM


Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.


Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Oceans by: Noah, Colin, Hayden, and Simon!


Swag Tech

on 13 May 2015

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Oceans by: Noah, Colin, Hayden, and Simon!

Oceans by: Noah, Colin, Hayden, Evan, and simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It stirs more than the top
It is very dark
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
How does salt influence the freezing water temperatures
Temperature and density share an inverse relationship. As temperature increases, the space between water molecules increases, also known as density, which therefore decreases. If the temperature of water decreases its density increases, but only to a point. At a temperature of 4°C external link pure water reaches its maximum or peak density.
What causes saltiness in the ocean?
Salt mines cause the water to be salty. Hundreds of years ago oceans used to be inside of salt mines.
3 details of conditions that happen deep in the ocean.
At will be like a wind storm.

There will be water tornadoes but small.

And some hurricains.
How does water differ in different parts in the ocean
Surface Currents make up about 10% of all the water in the ocean. These waters are the upper 400 meters of the ocean. These waters make up the other 90% of the ocean.
Deep water currents move around the ocean sinkholes by forces of Density and gravity. The density variation is a result of different heats and salinity. These deep waters sink into the deep ocean basins at high latitudes where the temperatures are cold enough to cause the density to increase.
3 ways islands in the ocean can change.
1. One way is sea level will rise and cover up an island. The island will be broken down and end up in the bottom of the sea.

2. Climate change can
3 details of conditions that happen deep in the ocean.
It is very cold
We are doing A presentation about Oceans. We are answering questions about it.
What does the ocean floor look like?
The sea floor is carpeted with muddy sediment made up of the remains of tiny plants and animals. They sank to the bottom of the sea after they died along with volcanic ash and other materials carried from the land by rivers and winds. The floor is covered with tiny plants such as Seaweed, Coral, And much more. There are also deep sea Canyons are breaks in the sea floor, like the Grand Canyon but in the ocean. Each one is very different.
Around 70%Of earths surface is covered with oceans.
The Pacific Ocean is surrounded by the Pacific Ring of Fire, a large number of active volcanoes.
Full transcript