Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Virus and Prokaryotes
Transcript of Virus and Prokaryotes
4. "Viruses." (2007): n. pag. Web. 3 Mar 2011. <http://www.microbiologybytes.com/iandi/7.html>.
5. "Eubacteria." Web. 3 Mar 2011. <http://meyerbio1b.wikispaces.com/Abby+Horrell>.
6. "Eubacteria." Paleos n. pag. Web. 3 Mar 2011. <http://www.palaeos.com/Kingdoms/Prokaryotes/Eubacteria.htm>. 1 *Found in harsh environments; ex. sewage, volcanic vents,
acid guysers, and very salty water. *Found in all habitats, except harsh ones. *Have cell walls , but not made of peptoglycan. *Reproduce at a fast rate, but only with a host cell. *Contain no cytoplasm, or cellular organelles. *Range from 20-250 nm. in size *Contain single type of nucleic acid: Either DNA or RNA, but not both. 4 *Most shaped like rods or filiments. 5 6 6 3 3 3 *Pathogens- cause disease. 3 *Do not have all properties of living things. *Viruses are found in plant cells, animal cells, and bacterial cells. 3 3 3 *Ribosomal proteins very similar to bacteria. 3 *Prokaryotic 3 *Unicelluar 3 *Autotrophic and heterotrophic 3 *ex.: Methanogens. 3 *ex.: AIDS, Hepatitus B *Prokaryotic 3 *Cell wall made of peptoglycan. 3 *Unicellular 3 *Autotrophic and heterotrophic 3 *ex.:Enterobacteria, Spirochetes *Found in everyday environment on earth 3 Biology. Austin : Holt, Print. 3 3 *Reproduce sexually 3 3 3 3 *small, rod-like structure with a tail.
*It is classified in the domain of bacteria.
*Uses ion gradient system to move. 6 6 6