Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Wildfires
There are 3 different types of wildfires-
Ground fires Crown fires
Brush fires &
Ground fires Brush fires are fires that spread through shrubs. Crown fires are fires that spread quickly from treetop to treetop. Ground fires are forest fires that spread on the ground. What Can Cause a Wildfire? Our Sources How to Prevent and be Prepared for a Wildfire Many can things cause a wildfire to start, such as-
A spark from a cigarrete
Wood THE END!!!!! 1. http://www.epa.gov/naturaldisasters/wildfires/
26. http://dictionary.reference.com What to Put in Your Kit - Medical supplies
- Canned food
- Bottled water with a purifier
- (2) flashlights
- Important papers and other extremely important things (i.e. house keys) (showed on next slide) 7 What Clothes to Put in Your Kit - Layered jacket
- First layer – wool
- Second layer – cotton sweater with a hood
- Third layer – waterproof jacket
- Extra loose so you can tuck the hem into your shoes
- Boots and socks
- Socks that cover your ankles (It would be best if your socks were made of natural fibers with padding in the heel and toes)
- A normal hat 1. Hat can be used as a glove to collect things that are harmful to the touch.
2. Make sure that your hat is waterproof so you can collect water and maybe even other liquids with it. Secret tricks for your hat – Make sure that you carry your items in a waterproof heavy-duty bag. hello can you see this? - Clothes (you will see them in the next slide)
- Folding tools
-Spork (spoon and fork (and sometimes knife) combined)
- Compass (if you don’t have one follow the following- 1. Repeatedly stroke your hair with a needle in one direction (this will make it magnetic) 2. Lay the needle on a piece of grass in a cup of water. Soon it will point north.)
- Cell phone
- Solar cell phone charger
- Purification tablets
- Waterproof matches (cover the whole match with a candle wax)
- If you have one, a survival straw
- Needle Special thanks to NASA for the beautiful picture and the creators of Prezi for making this presentation possible. Wilfire Website: https://sites.google.com/a/g.coppellisd.com/all-about-wildfires/home/wildfire-games Here Are a Few Things That You Can Do Before a Wildfire More examples
- Try not to live near forests. If you do, create a community fire protection preparation.
- If you get on fire, always stop, drop, and roll.
- Clean gutters and chimneys every 2 months.
- Never burn garbage.
- Put flammable materials at least 15 feet away from you.
- Plant fire resistant trees around your house.
- Make a kit (You will see what to put in it on the next slide). More things you need - Avoid lighting a fire on windy days
- Have a fire extinguisher handy
- Plan your water needs (Save water, don’t waste it!)
- Rake leaves and mow grass regularly
- Follow the burning law (you will see what it is on the next slide) Burning Law - During fire seasons, it is illegal to burn anything within 150 feet of any woodland or brush land between the hours of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Spring Forest Fire Hazard Season is Feb. 15 - April 30. The Fall Forest Fire Hazard Season is Oct. 1 - Dec. 15. Sources Wildfire Website Made By Ananya and Laasya Important Papers (and other extremely important things) Birth Certificate
Wallet and Money