Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The United States
Transcript of The United States
Immigration in the past
The first wave of immigrants in the Unites States lasted 40 years.Immigrants were mainly protestants from the countries of England, Scotland, Scandinavia, and Germany.
Immigration in the Present
The Influence of Slaves Narratives in Today's American Literature
Second Wave of Immigrants
There are two theories of the first people in USA. The first theory states that they migrated from Asia, and the other theory states that the first people were Native Americans. When European settlers arrived in North America, they often had conflicts with them.
Today, most of the immigrants are Asians or Latin Americans.Throughout the years, immigrants have developed the U.S economically, industrially, culturally, socially, and politically. The arrival of immigrants helped the country to have a diverse nation.
This wave took place from 1880 to 1920.These immigrants went to work in factories,mills and mines.
These immigrants came from Southern and Eastern Europe.
Slave narratives are a literary form that grew out of the written accounts of enslaved Africans in Britain and its colonies.
Now they influenced in Literature because is more varied than before and reflect the diversity in today's culture.
Example of his novel are Stowe's Uncle Tom Cabin and Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn
Popular Music in the U.S
Major Sports in the U.S.A
The major sports in the
* Major League Baseball (MLB)
* National Basketball Association (NBA)
* National Football League (NFL)
* Major League Soccer (MLS)
* National Hockey League (NHL)
By: Stephany Raquel
2.Immigration in the past
3. Immigration in the present
4. Influence of Slaves Narratives in Today´s American literature
5. Popular Music