Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
IT Presentation ; E-Commerce
Transcript of IT Presentation ; E-Commerce
- E-Commerce is a shorter term for Electronic Commerce.
A trading platform for businesses and consumers.
Efficient and accurate
What is E-Commerce?
Business to Consumers (B2C)
Examples: Dell, Apple, Airlines, Gmarket
Business to Business (B2B)
Consumers to Consumers (C2C)
3 types of e-commerce
- First company to introduce customization & personalization
- Focuses mainly on Customers Relationship Management. (CRM)
E-Commerce Supply Chain
With the supply chain implementation,
it allows the business an opportunity
- Increased revenue
- Decreased costs
- Improved customers satisfactions
- Inventory reduction across supply
Benefits of Supply Chain
- Flexibility with efficiency & less time consuming
- Reduced manpower costs, paper work, errors in keying data & post costs
- Improved relationships with trading partners
- Locking customers
- New markets
Pros About E-Commerce
- A single website that offers many products & services at 1 location.
- Manufacturing, repair & operation (MRO)
Electronic Retailing (e-tailing):
- A B2C method
- Using electronic storefronts, electronic catalogs & shopping cart model. Example: Walmart
Assembling of products & services
Processing of orders
Social networking is the practice of expanding the number of one's business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals.
Examples: Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, Friendster, ICQ
What is Social Networking??
- viruses, spam/propaganda mail,
inaccurate information about themselves.
Dangers of stolen content
- photo morphing.
Invasion of privacy!
- Your boss/colleagues/friends may
see what you complain.
- Keep in contact/reconnect with
people you have lost contact with.
- Connect with people who share
interests with you. Example: Lookbook.nu, flickr
- Free & effective marketing tool for both businesses & individuals
How is social networking important? Why?
Begins with an individual or a small group of people
Begins with tracing interpersonal interactions in a population between micro and macro levels
Begins with global population
Levels of analysis
1. Display advertising.
- Online advertisements tailored for specific audience
- Over 20% of display ad impressions on social media sites.
2. Building brand awareness.
- Engages potential customers in discussions & keep them updated on the latest news.
When Social Media Meets E-Commerce
3. Creates an online community.
- Member/ user forums-facilitate communication & discussion
4. Raise awareness.
- Customer feedback on products services companies offer.
5. Word-of-mouth sharing.
- Vast social networking connections => fast word spreading of campaigns.
Example: Number of Facebook Likes
Imported Theories: -Graph Theory
-Social Comparison Theory
-Social identity Approach
Indigenous Theories: -Structural Role Theory
Theories behind social networking
The study of relationships between human beings & their environment.
makes use of theories supporting the science of human ecology to support the ideas that make social media successful
- E-commerce has brought business retailing to a whole new level by providing a platform for budding businesses to trade without any
- Social networking further enhances such online trading through the use human relationships & technology behind the social media.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mLOA-JETIMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Excellent way to keep in touch with friends & family
- Employers can search for potential candidates. Example: LinkedIn
- Promotes sharing of first hand information on anything, anywhere,anytime. Example: Twitter
What is Social Networking
The practice of expanding one's business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals.
Examples: Facebook, YouTube, MySpace,
How is Social Media important?
Question & Answer
1. What is E-Commerce?
2. What is Social Networking?
3. What are the 3 types of E-Commerce?
4. What are some of the dangers
of Social Networking?
5. What are some of the examples of Social Networking?
Thank You All For Your Kind Attention :)