Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
IT Presentation ; E-Commerce
Transcript of IT Presentation ; E-Commerce
- E-Commerce is a shorter term for Electronic Commerce.
A trading platform for businesses and consumers.
Efficient and accurate
What is E-Commerce?
Business to Consumers (B2C)
Examples: Dell, Apple, Airlines, Gmarket
Business to Business (B2B)
Consumers to Consumers (C2C)
3 types of e-commerce
- First company to introduce customization & personalization
- Focuses mainly on Customers Relationship Management. (CRM)
E-Commerce Supply Chain
With the supply chain implementation,
it allows the business an opportunity
- Increased revenue
- Decreased costs
- Improved customers satisfactions
- Inventory reduction across supply
Benefits of Supply Chain
- Flexibility with efficiency & less time consuming
- Reduced manpower costs, paper work, errors in keying data & post costs
- Improved relationships with trading partners
- Locking customers
- New markets
Pros About E-Commerce
- A single website that offers many products & services at 1 location.
- Manufacturing, repair & operation (MRO)
Electronic Retailing (e-tailing):
- A B2C method
- Using electronic storefronts, electronic catalogs & shopping cart model. Example: Walmart
Assembling of products & services
Processing of orders
Social networking is the practice of expanding the number of one's business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals.
Examples: Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, Friendster, ICQ
What is Social Networking??
- viruses, spam/propaganda mail,
inaccurate information about themselves.
Dangers of stolen content
- photo morphing.
Invasion of privacy!
- Your boss/colleagues/friends may
see what you complain.
- Keep in contact/reconnect with
people you have lost contact with.
- Connect with people who share
interests with you. Example: Lookbook.nu, flickr
- Free & effective marketing tool for both businesses & individuals
How is social networking important? Why?
Begins with an individual or a small group of people
Begins with tracing interpersonal interactions in a population between micro and macro levels
Begins with global population
Levels of analysis
1. Display advertising.
- Online advertisements tailored for specific audience
- Over 20% of display ad impressions on social media sites.
2. Building brand awareness.
- Engages potential customers in discussions & keep them updated on the latest news.
When Social Media Meets E-Commerce
3. Creates an online community.
- Member/ user forums-facilitate communication & discussion
4. Raise awareness.
- Customer feedback on products services companies offer.
5. Word-of-mouth sharing.
- Vast social networking connections => fast word spreading of campaigns.
Example: Number of Facebook Likes
Imported Theories: -Graph Theory
-Social Comparison Theory
-Social identity Approach
Indigenous Theories: -Structural Role Theory
Theories behind social networking
The study of relationships between human beings & their environment.
makes use of theories supporting the science of human ecology to support the ideas that make social media successful
- E-commerce has brought business retailing to a whole new level by providing a platform for budding businesses to trade without any
- Social networking further enhances such online trading through the use human relationships & technology behind the social media.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mLOA-JETIMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Excellent way to keep in touch with friends & family
- Employers can search for potential candidates. Example: LinkedIn
- Promotes sharing of first hand information on anything, anywhere,anytime. Example: Twitter
What is Social Networking
The practice of expanding one's business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals.
Examples: Facebook, YouTube, MySpace,
How is Social Media important?
Question & Answer
1. What is E-Commerce?
2. What is Social Networking?
3. What are the 3 types of E-Commerce?
4. What are some of the dangers
of Social Networking?
5. What are some of the examples of Social Networking?
Thank You All For Your Kind Attention :)