Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Contact Improvisation
A sense of touch with another person through fingertips
Building confidence with 'giving weight' and trusting others
Exercises for Counter Balance
Attempts to be comfortable upside down and falling Choreographers Nancy Stark Smith
Judson Dance Theater Socio-historical Context
Started by Steve Paxton in 1972
Came out of a changing social society
Influenced by Rock n Roll and african-american Swing dance.
Beginning to investigate ways to increase spontenaity, imformality and collective action in dance works.
Stepped away from technique and focused more on the 'pedestrian' point of movement. What is Contact
Improvisation? Contact Improvisation It's history and key Choreographers Adkins, J. 1995 The Social Context of Contact Improvisation. Contact Connection No. 2. Contact Quarterly (Summer/Fall) United States.
Belec, D. 1997 Improvisation and Choreography Contact Quarterly 22:1 USA
Novak, C. 1990 Sharing the Dance. Wisconcin,US.