Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of DATE: 9/16/2013
CLASS: Anatomy and Physiology
TEAM: Noah, Anran, Kerstin, and Vanessa
Design a system to restore homeostasis.
Use the process of hemodialysis to extract the unprocessed blood and filter it through a dyalizer.
This procedure is temporarily successful. However, with the kidney's still unable to pull there weight the only permanent fix would be a kidney transplant. The body will still be unable to filter out toxins.
As cleansed blood is pumped back into the body, an anticoagulant is introduced into the system to prevent clotting.
body reaches temporary homeostasis
Make incision in the forearm. Join a vein and artery together to form a fistula.
Place both needles into the vein.
Connect intravenous tubes to dyalizer which filters body waste out of the blood
* The dialyzer contains dialysate which extracts toxins and fortifies the blood with electrolytes
Removing unfiltered blood from the system for cleaning.
The problem: Serum levels of Urea, and Potassium are abnormally high. Patient has also gained five pounds of water weight in the last week.