Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Facts About Internet Collaboration
Transcript of 5 Facts About Internet Collaboration
Internet collaboration allows people from all over the world to work on projects together, without actually having to meet up in person.
Collaboration is important! It is good to collaborate because it is easier to share ideas and get feedback.
Collaboration is key for innovation. "After controlling four factors that have been previously suggested to impact the patent output of a firm, including the firm’s strategic alliances, star and nonstar scientists, individual-level scientific ability, and R&D investment,
the extent to which a firm’s scientists collaborate externally on scientific articles positively influences the firm’s innovation
." (Almeida, Hohberger & Parada, 2011)
Internet collaboration can actually help you save money.
There are many different types of collaboration. Such as "a closed and hierarchical network (an elite circle), an open and hierarchical network (an innovation mall), an open and flat network (an innovation community), and a closed and flat network (a consortium)." (Pisano & Verganti, 2008)
1. Pisano, G. P. & Verganti, R. (2008, December). Which kind of collaboration is right for you?. Retrieved from http://hbr.org/2008/12/which-kind-of-collaboration-is-right-for-you/
2. Morgan, J. (2012, November 03). The four types of collaboration deployment. Retrieved from http://www.cmswire.com/cms/social-business/the-four-types-of-collaboration-deployments-018200.php
3. MMDB12. (2013, March 21). Different types of collaboration. Retrieved from http://mmbdconsulting.com/types-of-collaboration/
1. Blackwell, G. (2009, February 18). Web-based collaboration tools that save you money. Retrieved from http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/buyersguide/article.php/3803756/WebBased-Collaboration-Tools-That-Save-You-Money.htm
2. Caffarini, K. (2013, August 12). Collaboration can save medical practices time, money and effort. Retrieved from http://www.amednews.com/article/20130812/business/130819981/5/
3. Tremblay, M. (2012, April 13). How cloud video collaboration will save you time and money. Retrieved from http://www.screenlight.tv/blog/2012/04/13/how-cloud-video-collaboration-can-save-you-time-and-money/
1. LoPiccolo, P. (2001). A little help from your friends.. (Vol. 24). Retrieved from http://web.ebscohost.com.oclc.fullsail.edu:81/ehost/detail?sid=54ab325b-7c3c-403b-bdc3-62bee9d3398d@sessionmgr12&vid=1&hid=1&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ==
2. Gallagher, M. (2013, March 18). [Web log message]. Retrieved from https://www.titanfile.com/blog/why-collaboration-is-important-for-your-business/
3. University, S. Making the workplace work! the collaborative workforce initiative.. Retrieved from http://louisville.edu/ombuds/collaborative-practice/Collaboration Workbook.pdf/at_download/file
1. Almeida, P., Hohberger, J., & Parada, P. (2011). Individual scientific collaborations and firm-level innovation. Retrieved from http://icc.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/6/1571.abstract
2. Bill gates highlights academic collaboration as key to future innovation. (2002, July 29). Retrieved from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2002/jul02/07-29AcademicCollaborationPR.aspx
3. Mehmood, K. (2009). The future of innovation is about collaboration and co-creation,. Retrieved from http://thefutureofinnovation.org/contributions/view/587/the_future_of_innovation_is_about_collaboration_and_co_creation
1. Teacher's guide to international collaboration on the interne. (2009, september 24). Retrieved from http://www2.ed.gov/teachers/how/tech/international/guide_pg12.html
2. fowles, A. (n.d.). International classroom collaboration on the worldwide web. Retrieved from http://www.learnnc.org/lp/pages/6910
3. Internet collaboration: A promise for technology transferring to developing countries. (2005). Retrieved from http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/11527725_37
By: Roxanna Santiago
Student ID: 3912737
Diigo list with all sources.