Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of REINCARNATION
Watch: Reincarnation- "The amazing story of a Scottish child"
Hindu beliefs about reincarnation
a. What is reincarnation?
b. Do you think reincarnation is true? Give reasons for your answer.
1. To explain Hindu beliefs on reincarnation.
2. To think about and discuss what you believe about life after death.
1. Do you think this is a case of reincarnation?
2. What could an alternative explanation be?
Reincarnation is when a person is reborn
into something new when they die.
reincarnation or Samsara is the cycle of birth, death and rebirth. Hindus believe when you die the soul or “atman” takes on a new body
Hindus believe that your rebirth depends on the Karma you build up in your life
Good deeds = Good Karma
Bad Actions = Bad Karma
If you die and you have bad Karma you will be reborn as something lesser e.g. a fly.
If you have good karma when you die you will be born into something higher e.g. a human.
Write down the following words;
watch the video clip and write down the meaning to each word
Hindus believe that the atman
(the soul) is part of Brahman (God)
and it cannot die, it just changes to
another body. Just like changing clothes.
Moksha is the end of the death and rebirth cycle and is classed as the fourth and ultimate artha (goal). It is the transcendence of all arthas. It is achieved by overcoming ignorance and desires.