Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Improving the Everyday
Transcript of Improving the Everyday
Improving the Everyday
Testing Testing Testing
Reviewing & Designing
people & computers
Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox: January 4, 2012
usability = making sure something works well
University of Sussex
Stuart Lamour & Paolo Oprandi
Hub & Spoke
20-25 LT staff
20% of students
'Look-&-Feel' Working Group
City Interaction Lab
observing people using things
Raj, Milena, Lisa, Clive, James, Leona, Matt, Mike, Natasa, Rae, Farzana,
Simon, Gemma, Annora, Kate, Anna, Amanda, Tim & Bas + 20!
2 usability experts
User Testing (DIY)
16-page wireframing doc
quick & easy
consistency & certainty
up to date
1. Label all sections
2. Name all items clearly
3. Put collections of files in folders
4. Keep to standard layout / template
5. Link consistently
6. Remove paragraphs of text from homepage
7. Hide empty sections & unnecessary items
8. Never underline
9. Size images appropriately (small!)
Strategic Learning Environment (SLE)
New for 2013/4
Do they get the navigation?
Can they guess where to find things?
Can they accomplish the key tasks?
Looking for: specific problems, surprises, shocks, unmet expectations & new ideas
improved Moodle interface
better guidance for staff
Aim: improve 'user experience'
1) Docked Navigation / Settings weren’t noticed
2) Navigation block - not fully understood: a) the meaning of ‘navigation’ b) that it is contextual. c)the meaning / purpose of the ‘site’ links not understood
3) Activity Stream - concept good but not immediately noticed nor name understood
4) Notifications & Messaging - Some participants again highlighted interest in course-by-course notifications. Confusion over Messaging terminology
5) Favourites - concept, including name understood. But everyone struggled to use it. Needs better signposting / call to action
6) Customize this page button - confused users - was the first place several participants looked to try and add courses to favourites.
Informing our Guides & Training... soon...
Top tips like...
Activity & Event
Module Key Information
Web usability Guides
"The point of testing is not to prove or disprove something. It’s to inform your judgment"
Early & often
Better understanding of what matters...
more controlled, consistent use (to a point)