Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ainsworth 09-10 PD
Transcript of Ainsworth 09-10 PD
Academic Action Plan
Learner Centered Problem: Ainsworth students are needing more support in the area of conventions and sentence fluency
Problem of Practice: Teachers need to give direct intentional instruction in conventions and sentence flucncy.
Mechanically Inclined- Sentence Stalking-as a strategy to replace DOL "Craft of Grammar" Workshop-Looking at Most Common Errors Sentence-Smackdown and other lessons to help get at Beginning and End Punctuation (K-2) and Run-ons (3-5) Teach Lessons Focused on Most Common Error Today: Looking at Student Work-How can this impact your work as a teacher? http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6474323 What's Next? (5 min. each) Craft of Grammar ?
"Mechanically Inclined" ?
Other? Ainsworth Staff Meeting Agenda:
1. Reflect on this year's professional development.
2. Look at student work using "The Making Meaning" Protocol.
3. Sample video clip from Jeff Anderson's "The Craft of Grammar."
1. *K-2 in two groups
*3-5 in two groups
2. Choose facilitator and
3. Use 'go around' and keep
sharing for about 1 minute
4. Report back to group