Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Asexual Propagation
while it is still attached to the parent plant
the rooted stem is then detached to become a new plant growing on its own roots.
Why do we use asexual propagation in plants?
clone of parent plant
disease free stock
plants are produced quicker
Popular types of asexual propagation in plants
Cut off plant part with clean knife or scissors
Plant in moist potting material
The production of
by use of
parts, rather than a
of a plant used to produce a new plant.
most common and simple method
can be taken from
stem, leaves, and roots
Optimal environment for rooting
involves placing a section of a stem (
) of one plant into another plant.
the part of the plant that grows from the scion will have traits of its
Many plants are patented- illegal to propagate asexually.
Optimal rooting environment
intermittent mist system
Show what you know!
In a group, create & market your own business that utilizes asexual propagation practices.
1. What do you know about asexual propagation?
2. How do you think asexual and sexual propagation differs?
3. What don't you know yet about asexual propagation?
no variety in offspring
less chance of survival in varying environment
Compare and contrast the asexual propagation techniques.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of asexual propagation.
Create a real-life scenario where one would use asexual propagation.
What we've learned!
Advantages and disadvantage of asexual propagation.
Different methods of asexual propagation.
How to relate these methods to real life situation.
What's an advantage of asexual propagation? Disadvantages?
Why would we use asexual propagation?
What are different methods used for asexual propagation?