Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Nellie Bly Timeline
Transcript of Nellie Bly Timeline
Nellie Bly is born Elizabeth Jane Cochran on May 5th.
Nellie Bly writes her first article, a response to a sexist column in a newspaper.
Nellie Bly writes her first major article for the New York world, "Ten Days in a Madhouse, and becomes a permanent writer for the New York World.
Nellie Bly writes her most famous article, "Around the World in 72 Days," and becomes world famous because of it.
Nellie Bly resigns from the New York World after not receiving a raise.
Nellie Bly returns to the New York World.
Nellie Bly marries Robert Seaman, even though he was seventy and she was thirty at the time.
Nellie Bly leaves the New York World for the one more time, never to return.
Nellie Bly is widowed and is left in charge of her late husband's large company.
The late Robert Seaman's company fails, leaving Nellie without a source of income.
Nellie Bly dies of pneumonia on January 27th.