Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
COMM 131 - Persuasive Speech/Beauty Pageants
Transcript of COMM 131 - Persuasive Speech/Beauty Pageants
By: Lacey Ciapura Childhood Beauty Pageants Psychological Problems Superficial Values Dangerous for Young Girls Childhood is becoming non-existant Conclusion Bibliography - Anxiety
- Low Self Esteem Pageants Support the notion that:
- Looks are most important
- Trying to fit in is "ideal"
- It's okay to conform, gossip, be judged on just looks
- Teaches young girls to be dependent on other's
opinions of who they are and who they should be Time invested in pageants/practice
means little time to:
- Be with friends
- Overall, just be a kid Many parents put their young girls and toddlers
into these pageants to make them look beautiful,
to showcase them to others as a "doll" Instead, all that is seen is the exact opposite. Sometimes, the parents end up acting more like a little kid then their children do. 1."JonBenet Patricia Ramsey." Find a Grave. N.p.. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=2745>.
2.Grosaru, Lucia. "Toddlers and children beauty pageants – Risk factors for severe psychological turmoils."Psychology Corner. N.p., 08 June 2011. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://psychologycorner.com/toddlers-and-children-beauty-pageants-–-risk-factors-for-severe-psychological-turmoils/>.
3.Nussbaum, Kareen. "Children and Beauty Pageants." . A Minor Consideration. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://www.minorcon.org/pageants.html>.
4.Chang, Juju. JonBenet Ramsey's Father Regrets Letting Her in Pageants, Says 'Toddlers and Tiaras' is 'Bizarre'.. ABC News, 13 March 2012. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/jonbenet-ramseys-father-regrets-letting-her-in-pageants-says-toddlers-and-tiaras-is-bizarre/>. Does this look fun? Let's take a deeper look Caught Between Two Extremes:
- Losing and the consequences - Sexual outfits/routines
- Degrades the young girls and women
- Remember JonBenet Ramsey?