Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
COMM 131 - Persuasive Speech/Beauty Pageants
Transcript of COMM 131 - Persuasive Speech/Beauty Pageants
By: Lacey Ciapura Childhood Beauty Pageants Psychological Problems Superficial Values Dangerous for Young Girls Childhood is becoming non-existant Conclusion Bibliography - Anxiety
- Low Self Esteem Pageants Support the notion that:
- Looks are most important
- Trying to fit in is "ideal"
- It's okay to conform, gossip, be judged on just looks
- Teaches young girls to be dependent on other's
opinions of who they are and who they should be Time invested in pageants/practice
means little time to:
- Be with friends
- Overall, just be a kid Many parents put their young girls and toddlers
into these pageants to make them look beautiful,
to showcase them to others as a "doll" Instead, all that is seen is the exact opposite. Sometimes, the parents end up acting more like a little kid then their children do. 1."JonBenet Patricia Ramsey." Find a Grave. N.p.. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=2745>.
2.Grosaru, Lucia. "Toddlers and children beauty pageants – Risk factors for severe psychological turmoils."Psychology Corner. N.p., 08 June 2011. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://psychologycorner.com/toddlers-and-children-beauty-pageants-–-risk-factors-for-severe-psychological-turmoils/>.
3.Nussbaum, Kareen. "Children and Beauty Pageants." . A Minor Consideration. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://www.minorcon.org/pageants.html>.
4.Chang, Juju. JonBenet Ramsey's Father Regrets Letting Her in Pageants, Says 'Toddlers and Tiaras' is 'Bizarre'.. ABC News, 13 March 2012. Web. 10 Dec 2012. <http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/jonbenet-ramseys-father-regrets-letting-her-in-pageants-says-toddlers-and-tiaras-is-bizarre/>. Does this look fun? Let's take a deeper look Caught Between Two Extremes:
- Losing and the consequences - Sexual outfits/routines
- Degrades the young girls and women
- Remember JonBenet Ramsey?