Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Assistive Technology
Then, use Amazon.com (the world's largest online retailer) to find actual products.
List the company who makes the product, and list the price.
Hoveround - Power Chair - $4,800.00
Un-Skru - Jar Opener - $13.19 An Introduction Assistive Technology Facts About Assistive Technology AT can be beneficial to all people, it is a term that specifically applies to individuals with disabilities only.
AT is defined as both a device and a service.
AT can be beneficial in all academic and functional areas including behavior and transition planning.
Students should be involved early in their own AT planning in order to match the appropriate tools to students' needs and preferences. What is assistive technology? Technology used by individuals with disabilities in order to perform functions that might otherwise be difficult or impossible. Assistive technology can include mobility devices such as walkers and wheelchairs, as well as hardware, software, and peripherals that assist people with disabilities in accessing computers or other information technologies. Assignment 2 Write a 3 paragraph essay on assistive technology.
1. Your experience or knowledge of what it means to be disabled or have a disability.
2. Why is there a law in place for people with disabilities?
3. The importance of assistive technology in our country. Disability: a physical or mental handicap, especially one that prevents a person from living a full, normal life or from holding a gainful job. Disabled: crippled; injured; incapacitated.