Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Primal Leadership
Learning to Lead
Prezi by: David L. Herndon
University of Southern Mississippi
"Great leaders move us. They ignite our passion and inspire the best in us. When we try to explain why they are so effective, we speak of strategy, vision, or powerful ideas. But the reality is much more primal: Great leadership works through the
- Goleman, Primal Leadership
Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
Get a degree
Get a job
But merely scratches the surface of leadership...
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Teamwork and collaboration
"This emotional task of the leader is
--that is, first--in two senses: It is both the
act of leadership"
-Goleman, Primal Leadership
Resonance v. Dissonance
The SOB Paradox
"When leaders drive the emotions positively"
and the open loop
is the closest distance between two people"
Positive emotional hijack
Engages the heart and mind
Trust and comfort
A brief overview of:
Goleman, D., Boyatzis, R. & McKee, A. (2002).
Primal leadership: Learning to lead with
emotional intelligence. Boston: Harvard
Business Review Press.