Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Okapi and Coltan
Transcript of Okapi and Coltan
They are related to giraffes
Their home is also the storage location of most of the world's coltan. Coltan: Coltan is a black mineral that's very similar to tar.
It's used to make all sorts of electronics, including laptops and cell phones.
80% of the world's supply of coltan is found in the Okapi's homeland. Mining of this mineral ruins their homes . Electronics that Require Coltan: Laptops
and more. How to solve the problem... Everyone always talks about recycling, but what's the point of it all?! How would reusing something help some strange animal that you've probably never heard of or seen?!
Recycling of electronic devices prevents the need for more of those materials.
The less coltan that needs to be mined, the better off the Okapis' enviroment will be. Thank-you for watching!