Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A. Mayon 8 May 2015
Transcript of INCORPORATING
& CHILD CARE
Our Evolving Puzzle
With Alexandra May (M.Ed)
"Early Literacy is everything that our children need to know about reading and writing before they can actually read and write" (ECRTR)
This incorporates a wide skill-set that is hard to narrow down...
"Authentic Dialogue", or REAL communication as the role of Caregivers/Educators
Speech is our first foundation for Learning
Five Everyday Practices!
Rhyme and Reason Early Learning
Every Child Ready to Read
The Word Gap
Odds Bodkin Oral Stories
Handbook of Early Literacy Research
Print Motivation (liking)
Print Awareness (seeing)
Phonological Awareness (hearing)
Letter Knowledge (knowing)
Manual Dexterity (making)
Pincer Grip (writing)
Early Literacy in the Oral Tradition
The Big, Wide-Mouthed Frog