Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Logical Comparison
- Clarity Rules: Any comparison between two or more items must have three characteristics. Incorrect: The sunflowers at the Farmers Market are fresher than Walmart's
Correct: The sunflowers at the Farmers Market are fresher than the sunflowers at Walmart.
* The incorrect example compares sunflowers to a store (Walmart).
* The correct example compares sunflowers to sunflowers. Consistency A sentence must be complete in comparing. Completeness Incorrect: Jim Morrison is a better musician.
*The above example is incorrect because the sentence compares Jim Morrison to nothing, which makes it incomplete.
Correct- Jim Morrison is a better musician than Justin Bieber. The sentence meaning must be clear. Clarity Incorrect: Sally's dog, like Emily, has long drooping ears.
Correct: Sally's dog like Emily's, has long drooping ears.