Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Logical Comparison
- Clarity Rules: Any comparison between two or more items must have three characteristics. Incorrect: The sunflowers at the Farmers Market are fresher than Walmart's
Correct: The sunflowers at the Farmers Market are fresher than the sunflowers at Walmart.
* The incorrect example compares sunflowers to a store (Walmart).
* The correct example compares sunflowers to sunflowers. Consistency A sentence must be complete in comparing. Completeness Incorrect: Jim Morrison is a better musician.
*The above example is incorrect because the sentence compares Jim Morrison to nothing, which makes it incomplete.
Correct- Jim Morrison is a better musician than Justin Bieber. The sentence meaning must be clear. Clarity Incorrect: Sally's dog, like Emily, has long drooping ears.
Correct: Sally's dog like Emily's, has long drooping ears.