Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
IGCSE Physics - Moments
Transcript of IGCSE Physics - Moments
Understand that the stability of a body depends on the position of the centre of mass and the width of the base of that body. 1.23 Recall and use the relationship between the moment of a force and its distance from the pivot:
Moment (Nm) = Force (N) × Perpendicular Distance from the pivot (m)
to the line of action of the Force Centre of Mass & Stability Calculating Moments The Principle of Moments The turning effect of a Force 1.25 Recall and use the principle of moments for a simple system of parallel forces acting in one plane.
1.26 Understand that the upward forces on a light beam, supported at its ends, vary
with the position of a heavy object placed on the beam. How many different demonstrations of Moments can you spot in this clip?
Write them down on your whiteboard
and we will discuss them later. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! Anti-clockwise Moment, M = F x d Clockwise Moment, M = F x d Only examinable for Seperate Science sets, but .. Warning Doubles will get to cover some of this too. . .