Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Weather and Climate
Transcript of Weather and Climate
- Warmer towards the Earth surface Now, we can move on to the four components of weather, which are Temperature, Humidity, Atmospheric Pressure (Air Pressure), and wind. Longport, New Jersey Vs. Temperature Humidity Air Pressure Wind The Four Components of Weather Climate Medford, New Jersey Temperature is a measurement of the average kinetic energy of the molecules in an object or system. In the winter, the coastal areas are warmer than the inland because the water is warmer than the air, so the air is warmed by the warmer water. In the summer, the coastal areas are cooler than the inland locations. This is because the water is cooler than the air, so the coastal air is cooled, while the inland locations are not cooled. Physical and chemical principles are unchanging and drive both gradual and rapid changes to the Earth system. Rapid Change Gradual Change Gradual change = slow change
Rapid change = fast change There are many different kinds of natural disasters. They vary in destruction. Natural disasters can be fairly "un-destructive", or they can be fatal. Hurricane Katrina killed this road. This used to be a flat road. This tornado, most likely, did little damage because of it's size. http://www.ready.gov/natural-disasters millions of years, as long as humans have been around The time Earth has been around. The start of human time! Climate Zones A climate zone is the average weather in a small region. This climate zone is known as Polar. This climate is known as Dry. This climate zone is known as cold. This climate zone is known as tropical. This climate zone is known as temperate. Natural
Disasters Humidity is atmospheric moisture. The amount of moisture in the atmosphere. Air pressure is the force exerted by air on any surface in contact with it. Air moving across the surface of the planet or through the atmosphere at a speed fast enough to be noticed. Physical and Chemical Changes This is a hurricane as it's rolling in. Wouldn't want to be
caught in that,
would you? Did you Know.....
The Principle of Uniformitarianism states that the processes affecting Earth today are the same ones that have in the past. Ozone layer makes the temperature the warmest of any layer in the atmosphere. Water warms and cools much slower
than land or air. Nearby water insulates
land and air, which have a much larger
range compared to water. Over half of the sun's rays that hit the earth's surface are absorbed by water. Water currents near equator are warm; currents near the poles are cold, and that affects the coastal temperatures. The average sea level has raised 2 inches in the past 17 years, and in 100 years has raised 6.7 inches.