Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Conquistadors
I will examine the conquests of Hernan Cortes and Fransisco Pizarro.
Cortez is a Spanish conquistador who arrives in Mexico in 1519.
The Aztecs emperor was named Moctezuma (Montezuma).
The Aztec believed Cortes was a returning god and initially lavished him with gifts.
Cortes and tribes he allied with marched on Tenochtitlan.
Cortes is initially defeated by the Aztecs, in 1519.
In 1521, Cortes returns and captures Tenochtitlan renaming the capital city Ciudad de Mexico.
Pizarro is a Spanish conquistador who arrives in South America in 1532.
The Inca emperor's name was Atahaulpa.
Pizarro tried and failed to convert Atahualpa to Christianity.
The Spanish kidnap Atahualpa and hold him for ransom.
He offers them a room of gold "up to here" and two more of silver for his release.
Atahualpa was killed after the Spanish recieved their riches. *Conflicting accounts*
Pizarro establishes Lima as the new Spanish capital in South America.
How were these civilizations conquered so easily?
Which would you rather have?
Inca Civil War