Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Outsiders Literary Elements
Transcript of The Outsiders Literary Elements
"He would kill the next person who jumped him."(p.34)
- Johnny will kill someone later on
"They couldn't get worse. I was wrong."(p.52)
- Things get worse later on
"The other Soc, a tall guy with a Semi-Beatle haircut, turned to Marcia."(p.44)
- Beatles were in the past, and they are making a reference
"So Eden sake to grief."(p.77)
- Refers to the Garden of Eden
"I couldn't have gotten much cooler without turning into a popsicle."(p.53)
-Ponyboy was comparing himself to a popsicle because he was so cold without using like or as
"Soda's moviestar kind of handsome."(p.??)
- Comparing Soda to a moviestar
"Dally handed me a shirt about sixty-million sizes too big."(p.61)
- Ponyboy is exaggerating about how the shirt was too big
"Cherrry sighed in relief. 'Thanks. He had me scared to death.'" (p.25)
- Cherry was exaggerating about how scared she was.
"I looked fearfully over my shoulder and there was Two-Bit, grinning like a Chessy cat."(p.27)
-Ponyboy was comparing Two-Bit to the cat character in the non-fictional book/movie Alice and Wonderland
" Her early leaf's a flower"
- When the author is refering to mother nature. Mother nature is not living
"He's got eyes that are like 2 pieces of blue-green ice."(p.6)
-Ponyboy is trying to describe how beautiful his eyes are
"Soda had broken down and bawled like a baby;"(p.98)
-Soda cried a lot.
"Her hardest hue to hold."(p. 77)
- Gold is rare in nature and temporary
"So dawn goes down to day"(p. 77)
- Sunrise is beautiful and brief
-Describing how the gold can not last forever and will be replaced by the oridinary