Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Target
1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Code of Ethics
-Creation of the Target icon- 1962
-Creation of Brand Promise- 1994
-Target moves online: 1999
-First gift cards: 1999
-Renamed to Target Corporation: 2000
-Now open in 47 states: 2001
-Exceeds $50 billion in annual sales for the first time: 2005
-Introduces the Target Check Card: 2007
-Expands fresh food offerings: 2009
-Announces goal to give $1 billion to education: 2010
-Givings reach $4 million a week: 2012
-Celebrates 50 year since it first opened in 1962: 2012
-Target is in Canada: 2013
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President:
Mr. Gregg W. Steinhafel
Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer and Executive VP:
Mr. John J. Mulligan
Chief Marketing Officer and Executive VP:
Mr. Jeffery J. Jones II
Executive VP of Merchandising and Supply Chain:
Ms. Kathryn A. Tesija
Executive VP of Stores:
Ms. Tina M. Schiel
Staff: 361,000 full time employees
Top Competitors for Target Corporation are :
- Wal-Mart Stores
- Costco Wholesale
Commitment to Social Responsibility
Trends and Issues
Store Hourly Careers
- facilities management
-front end guest services
- human resources
- loss prevention
- offered internships
* Distribution Group
- recruiting events
- leadership & career development skills
- Every since Target was first built , the company was always focused on expanding to the Central United States. Later, expanding into the West Coast and it is now expanding to the Canadian market in this year of2013 .
- Flyers / booklets
- age of 40
-About 57% have completed college
- median household income of approx. $64K
-Approximately 43% have children at home
-the setup of store with bright colors
- the way the aisles are setup makes it easier to shop
- great product for a great price
- Don't have as many stores as competitor Wal-Mart
- More expensive than competitor Wal-Mart .
- more focus on self service make its difficult to find what you are looking for at times.
- club card
- Their main focus is to gather devoted employees to keep it a great place to work and to have a legacy of giving and serving customers appropriately.
Target has a very specific mission that consists of making this shopping center your preferred shopping destination in all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and exceptional guest experiences by consistently fulfilling our Expect More. Pay Less. brand promise.
TGT: NYSE; Cyclical Consumer Goods & Services/Retail - Discount Stores
OTHER EXCHANGES: Mexico
News about Target Corporation, including commentary and archival articles published in The New York Times.
Target Corporation (Target) operates in three segments: U.S. Retail, U.S. Credit Card and Canadian. As a component of the U.S. Retail Segment, its online presence is designed to enable guests to purchase products either online or by locating them in one of its stores with the aid of online research and location tools. The Company merchandise at discounted prices. Its U.S. Credit Card Segment offers credit to guests through its branded credit cards, the Target Visa and the Target Card. Additionally, it offer a branded Target Debit Card. Its Canadian Segment was reported during the year ended January 28, 2012, as a result of its purchase of leasehold interests in Canada from Zellers, Inc. (Zellers). The Company has 189 Zellers sites. It operated 37 distribution centers at January 28, 2012. At January 28, 2012, it had 1,763 stores in 49 states and the District of Columbia.
cited : www.nytimes.com/top/new/business
- the interest rates increase with the government
- the inflation forcing consumer to move towards low prices rather than better quality .
-George Draper Dayton: founder in 1902, creates the Dayton Dry Goods Company, being the 4th largest department store in Minneapolis
-Establishes the practice of giving 5% of
profits back to the community: 1946
Target's legacy of giving and service has long lasted.
Provides educational grants to local K-12 schools
Donates millions of books to kids and libraries through the Target Books for School Awards
Target team gives hundreds of thousands of volunteer hours in their local communities
Partnered with Feeding America in their fight to end hunger
Provide public safety grants
Participated in project for the United Way
To conduct business lawfully and ethically
Act at all times with honesty and integrity
Bring good judgement and a sense of integrity to your business decisions
To know the corporations policies and comply with them