Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Developmental Delays -Capstone Prezi
Transcript of Developmental Delays -Capstone Prezi
5 Areas of Delays...
THE ROOTS OF DELAYS:
3)Motor skills( gross and fine)
-Amblyopia "Lazy eye"
-ODD(Oppositional Defiant Disorder
-Other fine motor/cognitive/social/vision delays
Where to go
What YOU will learn:
Why its important to me...
- What are developmental delays and what does it mean to have one or more?
-Why is it an important subject?
-How are children diagnosed?
-How physical, occupational, and speech therapist treat children with delays and/or disabilities.
an investigation into the world of physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
Lets get started!
-effects over 10% of kids in the US
- No definite CAUSE or medical CURE.
- Effects a wide variety of skills.
- Early intervention is the only way to see improvement.
- A GREAT and much needed career choice!
Why is it important?
-includes learning disorders, and mental and physical disabilities.
Gross motor delays
Fine motor delays:
so,what happens when these delays grow...?
Scoring and diagnosis
-Treated with physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy
-Other gross motor delays
GOAL: Self-help; independence
GOAL: Clear communication(recognition and response)
-Other linguistic,cognitive, social, and vision recognition delays
- and remember ALL CHILDREN DEVELOP AT DIFFERENT RATES!