Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Developmental Delays -Capstone Prezi
Transcript of Developmental Delays -Capstone Prezi
5 Areas of Delays...
THE ROOTS OF DELAYS:
3)Motor skills( gross and fine)
-Amblyopia "Lazy eye"
-ODD(Oppositional Defiant Disorder
-Other fine motor/cognitive/social/vision delays
Where to go
What YOU will learn:
Why its important to me...
- What are developmental delays and what does it mean to have one or more?
-Why is it an important subject?
-How are children diagnosed?
-How physical, occupational, and speech therapist treat children with delays and/or disabilities.
an investigation into the world of physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
Lets get started!
-effects over 10% of kids in the US
- No definite CAUSE or medical CURE.
- Effects a wide variety of skills.
- Early intervention is the only way to see improvement.
- A GREAT and much needed career choice!
Why is it important?
-includes learning disorders, and mental and physical disabilities.
Gross motor delays
Fine motor delays:
so,what happens when these delays grow...?
Scoring and diagnosis
-Treated with physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy
-Other gross motor delays
GOAL: Self-help; independence
GOAL: Clear communication(recognition and response)
-Other linguistic,cognitive, social, and vision recognition delays
- and remember ALL CHILDREN DEVELOP AT DIFFERENT RATES!