Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ethics minor AO
Transcript of Ethics minor AO
Business ethics is the study of business situations, activities and decisions where issues of right and wrong are addressed (Crane & Matten, 2010)
About your teacher
Does business ethics exist?
Mr. Dr. Bart Wernaart
Vol 1.0, 2014
About the course
Ethics vs Law
- 1 essay
- 1 exam (closed book, open Q and MC Q)
Ethics: what is morally right?
Law: what is legal?
Ethics minor AO
12 Chapters (1 per lecture)
- Kishore Mahbubani
- Blue eyes brown eyes
Crane, A. and Matten, D. (2010) or (2016)
Oxford: OUP, 2010/2016.
See the portal for incidental supporting materials
Ethics in business vs business ethics
who do you want me to be?
Ethics is the structural analysis and evaluation of morality (Wernaart, 2015)
Changing role of business in society
-Influence in public sector -> privatizing
-Influence in daily life
(contribution/ harm) -> power, science and technology
- education -> we seem to have failed?
= theorizing on how to behave
morality -> ethics -> ethical theory -> application
Ethics and businesses
Do you agree?
- intercultural challenges
- (lack of) law
The G word
Globalization are the consequences of fading borders (Wernaart, 2014)
Different approaches towards responsibility
The tripple bottom line