Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of StrengthsQuest (General)
(The Wrong Assumptions) All behaviors can be learned.
If you try hard enough, you can do it
If you want it bad enough, you can do it Weakness Fixing leads to success Strength Building Some behaviors can be learned. Many are nearly impossible to learn. There is a difference between talents, skills, and knowledge.
Weakness fixing prevents failure
Strength building leads to success What is a Strength? A Brief History Refined these into 34 Themes of Strengths Gallup identified 400 talents over 30 years But we'll get to those later Strength: “ The ability to provide consistent, near-perfect performance in a given activity.” Strength= Talent + Skills & Knowledge Writing Challenge High Five! The 34 Themes of Strengths People strong in the achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive. Achiever Activator People strong in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient to begin new projects. People strong in Adaptability theme prefer to “go with the flow”. They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time. Adaptability People strong in analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all factors that might affect a situation. Analytical People strong in arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity. Arranger Belief People strong in belief theme have a certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life People strong in command theme have a presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions. Command People strong in the communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters. Communication Competition People strong in competition theme measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests. People strong in context enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history. Context People strong in deliberative are best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices. They anticipate the obstacles. Deliberative People strong in developer recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements Developer Discipline People strong in discipline enjoy routine and structure. Their world is best described by the order they create. People strong in the empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations. Empathy People strong in the focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act. Focus These people are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future. Futuristic These people look for consensus. They do not enjoy conflict; rather, they seek areas of agreement. Harmony People strong in the Ideation are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seeming disparate phenomena. Ideation Includer People strong in the includer theme are accepting of others. They show awareness of those who feel left out, and make an effort to include them. People who are strong in individualization are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively. Individualization People with input have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information. Input Those with intellection are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions. Intellection Those with learner desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them. Learner People strong in maximizer focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into superb. Maximizer Positivity People strong in positivity have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do. Relator People who are strong in the relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal. Relator People strong in positivity have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do. Positivity People who are strong in the responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honestly and loyalty. Responsibility People who have restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it. Restorative These people feel confident in their ability to manage their own lives. They possess an inner compass that gives them confidence that their decisions are right. Self-Assurance People with this theme want to be very important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized. Significance People strong in strategic create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues. Strategic Winning others over, people strong in the Woo theme love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. They derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person. Woo People strong in connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason. Connectedness People strong in consistency are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world with consistency by setting up clear rules and adhering to them. Consistency "One should waste as little effort as possible on
improving areas of low competence. It takes far more
energy to improve from incompetence to mediocrity
than it takes to improve from first-rate to excellence."
- Peter Drucker Goals for Today 1. Learn your strengths 3. Learn how you USE your strengths and how that leads to your success and happiness in your workplace 2. Learn how to communicate using your strengths KEY LEADERHIP PRINCIPLE Communicating and using one's strengths can help you
- Affirm others in their personal competencies
- Demonstrate why you may or may not understand something
without sacrificing personal or professional competence
- Improve communication through building a more honest, trusting relationship Maleka, Sarah, Kevin, Juanita, Stephen, Michelle, Laura, Jason, Zach, Kyle, Steven, Thom, Jamie, Greg, Eldon Maleka, Amanda, Leah, Christine, Brian, Daniel, Stephen, Jamie, Greg, Ryan, Kara Kevin Amanda, Michelle, Jessica, Eldon Sarah, Kevin, Kyle, Jessica, Ryan, Steven, Greg Y. Maleka Jason, Ryan Christine, Thom, Brian, Daniel Kelly, Geoff, Brian Kyle, Greg S. Greg Y., Zach Juanita, Jason, Greg S., Zach, Kelly Jamie, Leah, Zach, Ryan, Steven, Kara, Sarah Leah, Michelle, Jason, Christine, Steven Rosie, Laura, Jameson Michelle, Kara, Greg Y., Jamie, Maleka, Leah, Rosie, Jameson, Zach Rosie, Jameson, Christine Stephen, Michelle, Jameson, Jason, Kyle, Steven, Thom, Geoff, Brian, Leah Kelly, Eldon, Rosie Eldon Sarah, Daniel, Amanda, Jamie, Stephen, Laura, Kelly, Ryan, Thom Kara, Rosie, Juanita, Daniel, Stephen, Christine Daniel, Kyle, Maleka Geoff, Laura Amanda, Jessica, Kevin Laura, Jameson, Kelly, Jessica, Kara, Eldon, Sarah,
Kevin, Brian Greg S., Juanita, Greg Y. Executing
Woo Relationship Building
Relator Strategic Thinking