Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of GMO
GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISM
WHAT ARE THE GM CROPS?
They are organisms which have been modified to our benefit. To it, their DNA has been changed and add into their genes new information to get better characteristics.
But, is it good for people?
Most of us usually eat this products, without knowing that they are not natural.
The scientific have developed corn with scorpion gens, potatoes with moth gens, rice with mouse gens or tomatoes with fish gens. Difficultly these genetic modifications would have these appearance on natural form.
The scientist use the mutation, deletion and insertion of a piece of the DNA that they want to get the most physically beautiful food.
HOW SCIENTIsts DO IT?
USA. The USA produced 66.8 millions of hectares of soya, papaya, corn…
Brazil. In Brazil there were 25.4 millions of hectares of soya, corn and cotton.
→ Argentina produced 22.9 millions of hectares of soya, corn and cotton.
→ Spain. In Spain there were 0,10 millions of hectares of corn.
THE PRODUCTION IN THE WORLD (2010)
-This kind of products have more vitamins, minerals, proteins..
- They´ve got more resistance and more time of conservation
-More quantity of aliments and less quantity of poison
- Products without labels on the market
- Worst results on the production
- The change of the gens can change also our