Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of St. Dymphna
-Wanted to marry daughter
-Refused and ran away with 3 others
-Found in Belgium
-Became a martyr -Born in Ireland in the 7th century.
-Had a pagan king father and devoted christian mother
-Baptized at an early age
-At age 14 her mother died.
- Father said to have mental illness because of grief Saint Dymphna -Defined as believing everything God says
refused to marry her father after he could
no find a wife, because of her faith. -Defined as standing up for what is right
Second time she refused to marry her
father even if she was going to be killed.
Was killed but never backed down. -Striving for what is right
-Refused to marry her father
no matter what Patron saint of Mental Illness Prayer to Saint Dymphna Hear us, 0 God, our Savior, as we honor St. Dymphna, patroness of those afflicted with mental and emotional illness. Help us to be inspired by her example and comforted by her merciful help. Miracle -Mentally ill are cured
-Numbers increase and
there are many testimonials Blessed are they who are
persecuted for the sake of
righteousness, for theirs is
the kingdom of heaven. -Encounter suffering because of faith
-Was killed in the end because of her faith making her a martyr Beatitudes: Martyr