Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Figurative Language Barrera
Transcript of Figurative Language Barrera
Example: "We will, we will rock you" Alliteration Figurative Language By George Barrera Using words that start with the same sounds numerous times.
Example: "so you had a bad day, you've taken one down and you sing a sad song just to turn it around" Onomatopoeia Words that mimic sounds like a drum or a snake hissing
Example: "Boom boom pow, gotta get-get that Boom boom pow" The use of words that compare with like or as.
"Sweet Child O' Mine"
Compares "everything" with the "freshness" of a blue sky. Simile Metaphor Saying that one thing is another thing
Example: "Baby you're a firework" Hyperbole Exaggeration of a phrase for emphasis
Example: "I'm yours" Jason Mraz is saying that he is, yours probably to a girl he is dedicated to Personification Giving an inanimate object a humanoid characteristic
Example: "Shot in the heart, and your to blame darling you give love a bad name
It is personification because you cannot really give love a bad name It is saying that "baby" IS a "firework"