Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Inside Ford
-- Henry Ford (July 30,1863- April 7,1947)
- Ford Motor Company is headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan. It was incorporated in 1903, and is one of the largest multinational automakers.
- The company sells automobiles and commercial vehicles under the Ford brand and luxury cars under the Lincoln brand. It also owns small stakes in Mazda of Japan and Aston Martin of U.K.
- Financial unit Ford Motor Credit is one the U.S.'s leading auto finance companies.
- Today the company operates approximately 65 plants worldwide, and gets more than half of its sales from North America.
Chrysler Group LLC
General Motors Company
Toyota Motor Corporation
Top 3 Competitors:
Ford Liabilities &S/E
Ford Cash Flow
Ford Income Statement
So where is Ford sitting?
NO. 9 in FORTUNE 500 (May 2012) and in S&P 500 (March 31, 2013)
NO. 151 in FT Global 500 (July 2012)
Ford's F-series was the best-selling vehicle for 2010 in the domestic market.
528,349 F-Series trucks were sold during the year, a 27.7% increase over 2012, out of a total sales of 1.9 million vehicles, or every one out of fours vehicles Fold sold.
Ford Liquidity Efficiency
Working Capital: 54721
Current Ratio: 128149/73428 = 1.74
Accounts Receivable Turnover : 1.63 times
Inventory Turnover: 14.79
Return On Total Assets
Return on Common Stock Equity
Fixed Asset turnover ratio
Fiscal yr ends Dec 31
Straight line Depreciation
Building and property over 30y
Equipment/ Machinery over 14.5y
The rate of depreciation in the regression equation is 1-0.892=.108 or 10.8%
Fair Purchase Price: $21,332
2012: $16,753 Rate of Change (2012-2013): 21.46%
2011: $15,183 Rate of Change (2011-2013): 9.370%
2010: $14,651 Rate of Change (2010-2011): 3.500%
2009: $12,885 Rate of Change (2009-2010): 12.05%
The best year to by the Ford Fusion is during 2010 since the depreciation rate that year is the smallest such that the price would not reduce in cost the succeeding year, with a depreciation rate of 3.5%.
Ford Fusion S
Special tool use units of production method over the expected vehicle model cycle life
Pre tax profit = 8 Billion
operating margin = 5.3%
cash flow - higher than 3.4 Billion
Market share- Growing