Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ENGLISH PROJECT
This is used to make a sandwich
It's brown and sweet.
PLAY AND DESCRIBE
An student using an app to practice grammar.
One online game to practice Grammar and reading.
An student using the book to read.
"Learning English means more than gaining linguistic competence; it means to know culture, how to use the language and interact with others"
WHAT STUDENTS LIKE
Íkala, revista de lenguaje y cultura Vol. 9, no. 15 (ene.-dic. 2004) states “in order for students to participate and exercise control over the content of their learning, they need to learn how to interact with others, and will need different abilities from those needed for individual self-directed learning”. Finally, it could be said that students learn better when they are able to show and express what they really want to learn and do in the classroom, since the learning process is more relevant and real for them.
Internet and Technology
“Internet and technology may assist in the facilitation of learning or serve as the actual educational structure allowing learning to occur. Information technology benefits both traditional education institutions and online educational models in fundamental ways”. Rodinadze, S., & Zarbazoia, K. (2012). The Advantages of Information Technology in Teaching English Language . Frontiers of Language and Teaching, Vol. 3, 271-275.
Technology, Internet and English
For our new generation the use of technology and communication is very important. It promotes our interest in learning because it calls our attention.
Interaction can be easier and more entertaining when using cellphones and apps, tablets, iPads, iPods, internet, computers, chats, emails, etc.
To show the importance of internet as a learning resource to promote the interest in English classes of sixth graders at Gimnasio Campestre.
THE IMPORTANCE OF ENGLISH
To provide students with opportunities to integrate internet by using technological resources like apps and online games and activities in English classes.
It studies human behavior within the context in which that behavior would occur naturally and in which the role of the researcher would not affect the normal behavior of the subjects.” Seliger and Shohamy (1989:116).
Population: 6th graders from Gimnasio Campestre.
DATA COLLECTION INSTRUMENTS
(Look at our instruments)
- The students are more interested in the learning process when their likes are taken into account.
The students like to use apps and online games to learn.
- Using technology in English classes makes it more interesting for the students.
When the students use a technological device, activities become easier and interesting.
Interaction is important and using iPhones and tablets to increase interest makes the learning process important for them.
- The use of technology and internet encourages students to take into account their ideas, thoughts and feelings to relate them to what they learn with their context and different situations in a easier, fast and interesting way.
THE USE OF INTERNET AS A LEARNING RESOURCE TO PROMOTE THE IN TEREST OF SIXTH GRADERS IN ENGLISH CLASSES AT GIMNASIO CAMPESTRE
In what extend the use internet as a learning resource promote the interest in English classes of sixth graders at Gimnasio Campestre?
• Rodinadze, S., & Zarbazoia, K. (2012). The Advantages of Information Technology in Teaching English Language . Frontiers of Language and Teaching, Vol. 3, 271-275.
• Formar en lenguas extranjeras: ¡el reto! Lo que necesitamos saber y saber hacer Ministerio de Educación Nacional República de Colombia.(2006)
• Wallace, Michael J. 1998. Action Research for Language Teachers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
• General Law of Education, 115 of 1994. Art: 21, 22, 23.
Apps and online games
Most people now depend on the Internet as a learning resource. It is important to say that it means more than using Wikipedia or Google . However, finding information online can be good if students uses it as a research tool and develop their critical thinking. Since, it can help them to see the benefits of apps, online games and all things internet offers to them.
it is important to check the information that students find on the web. it can be worth to know and read checked bibliographies, eBooks, articles and online libraries and pages to use them as referencing information.
Finally, internet gives a variety of benefits like good newspapers as The Time and The Sun and websites like the BBC. considering these benefits, we can say that the use of internet can be a reliable learning resource.
Internet as a learning resource
(Look at the video)
To increase students' interest to learn English when using internet and technology in English classes.