Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Jediism
What it is
and what it is not
Temple of the Jedi Order
Church of Jediism
Specific to Temple of Jedi Order
16 Basic Teachings
Principles for living with the Force
The 21 Maxims
Prowess: To seek excellence in all endeavors expected of a Jedi.
Justice: To always seek the path of 'right'.
Loyalty: To have faith in your Jedi brothers and sisters.
Defense: To defend the way of Jediism.
Courage: To have the will.
Faith: To trust in the ways of the Force.
Humility: To accept the ego for what it is.
Fearlessness: To have no self-imposed limits.
Nobility: To act with honour.
Honesty: To avoid lies.
Pure Motive: To act with motive and purpose.
Discipline: To let the self be sole master of the self.
Focus: To select what matters most.
Discretion: To become invisible.
Meditation: To exercise the mind.
Training: To know one's ignorance.
Integrity: To be consistent.
Morality: To know the danger of belief.
Conflict: To know when to fight.
Intervention: To know when not to act.
Harmony: To be connected to the Force.
Doctrine of the Order
Code, Creed, Three Tenants
a Star Wars fan club.
Is based upon philosophies and roots in Star Wars.
worship Luke Skywalker, Yoda or even George Lucas, or physical thing.
Do believe in the Force.
Created in late 90's with the release of the first 3 Star Wars movies in 1997.
Daoism and Buddhism were most influential on concept of Jedi.
largest religion in England with
in Czech Republic
in United States
5 points of outer star
16 points of inner star
Light and dark
5 lines of code
16 basic lessons
Live in balance with the living Force of Creation
Similar to Christian
, and Buddhist
things, human and non-human
with self, environment, and life
I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkeness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
I am a Jedi.
I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we recieve;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi.
There is no Emotion, there is Peace.
There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge.
There is no Passion, there is Serenity.
There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.
There is no Death, there is the Force.
The Three Tenets
Art of ignoring irrelevant things and giving your best at what you are doing.
Attained through focusing on task at hand.
Application of knowledge and experiences through kind, patient, and good judgement.
1. Jedi are in touch with the Force.
2. Jedi maintain a clear mind through meditation.
3. Jedi focus and live in the Now.
4.Jedi are wary of attachments.
5. Jedi keep a healthy physical, mental and spiritual state for well-being.
6. Jedi use skills to best of their ability without being prideful or boastful.
7. Jedi understand limitations.
8. Jedi are patient.
9. Jedi have integrity.
10. Jedi serve and try to improve the world in everything they do.
11. Jedi are mindful of their thoughts and act without prejudice.
12. Jedi believe love and compassion are central to their lives.
13. jedi cultivate empathy.
14. Jedi are guardians of peace.
15. Jedi believe in eternal life through the Force.
16. Jedi make a commitment to their cause and humanity.