Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ACE: Short Answer Responses
Transcript of ACE: Short Answer Responses
1. Answer the question in your own words.
2. Your first sentence should re-state the question: RECYCLE THE PROMPT!
3. Don't forget to include the "why" or "how" when you answer the question in your own words.
1. Introduce evidence:
*According to the text..
*In the book, Max says...
*In chapter 7, there is an example of their friendship growing:...
2. Choose one or two sentences from the text to support or demonstrate an example of your answer.
3. Put quotations around your evidence. Put the page number in parentheses at the end.
Ex: In the book, Max says, "Man, that little dude really hates me" (9).
Explain your connection
1. After you cite your text evidence, make sure you explain WHY you chose that piece of evidence to support your answer.
2. OR explain how your piece of text evidence connects to your answer. Is it an example? How so?
3. ALWAYS assume your reader (or teacher) cannot read your mind!
Help your reader navigate your thoughts about why you chose your text evidence to support your answer.
Read the question carefully!
Before you answer a question, make sure you KNOW what it's asking...
Use the question for clues:
Is it asking you to
take a stand
? (Agree, disagree)
Does it already say something is true, but it wants to know
you know it is true?
Is it asking you to make an
? (Read between the lines)
Does it want an