Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE ACT MATH TEST
Transcript of THE ACT MATH TEST
60 Questions, 60 Minutes
A - E
Use Your Calculator Wisely
Sometimes it is helpful, sometimes it is not
When to use your calculator
Basic, Scientific, Graphing
AVOID PARTIAL ANSWERS
On the Math Test,
D+ is a pretty good grade?!
ENCOURAGE YOUR INNER ARTIST
Need a picture? Draw it!
The ACT is not graded by your teacher
Order and Difficulty of Test
What Can I Do to Prepare for the
Math ACT Test?
If h(x) = x³ + x and g(x) = 2x + 3, then g(h(2)) = ?
Ordered by Increasing Difficulty
If early questions are taking too long, skip it
APPROACHING MATH QUESTIONS
1. Do not pay attention to the answer choices
2. Understand what the question is asking
3. Solve the question
4. Match you answer to the answer choices given
5. Fill in the appropriate bubble
Sometimes going to the answer choices can be a better strategy
Elementary Algebra (17%)
Intermediate Algebra (15%)
Coordinate Geometry (15%)
Plane Geometry (23%)
The geometric figure shown below consists of a square and 4 semicircles. The diameters of the semicircles are the sides of the square, and each diameter is 10 centimeters long. Which of the following is the closest approximation of the total area, in square centimeters, of this geometric figure?
Which of the following is the sine of Angle A in the right triangle below?
What is the value of x when 2x + 3 = 3x – 4 ?