Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Close Reading with OREOS
Transcript of Close Reading with OREOS
you are handed
as fast as
On the card,
you just ate.
Look at it carefully.
Think about it.
Consider the taste and the texture.
W R I T E A B O U T I T!
It's okay to read through something
fast the first time. But, if you do you
only recall minimal information.
If you read it a second time and THINK
while reading, you can recall much more!
Ask Questions &
React to what
you read! Give your
Patterns that exist
What the writer says
What the writer does
Define new words and allusions!
Track the theme or other rhetorical devices!
To help solidify your understanding. . .
p a r a p h r a s e or s u m m a r i z e
m a k e p r e d i c t i o n s
r e s p o n d w i t h y o u r p e r s o n a l o p i n i o n s
I N T E R A C T I N G WITH A TEXT
IS THE BEST WAY TO U N D E R S T A N D I N G