Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Career Speech - COMMG100
Transcript of Career Speech - COMMG100
Dr. Zeb Davenport
IUPUI Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Higher Education Student Affairs Professional
Education Reformist, Adjunct Professor, & Consultant
What Do I Want To Be
When I Grow Up?
Education & Experience
As Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, Dr. Zeb R. Davenport is responsible for eight functional units: Educational Partnerships and Student Advocacy; Campus Center; Office of Student Involvement; Counseling and Psychological Services; Housing and Residence Life; Campus Recreation; Student Health Services; and Student Conduct.
Ed.D., Higher Education & Leadership - Nova Southeastern University
M.Ed., College Student Personnel Administration - James Madison University.
B.S., Communications/Public Relations, James Madison University
Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs @ IUPUI
Dr. TJ Wright, Ed.D.
I want to be an education professional in several areas of education including:
Higher Education - Student Affairs
Higher Education - Curriculum & Teaching
Advocacy & Policy/Education Reform
Is it hard?
Does it pay well?
How long will it take to happen?
- A While.
Why do it?
- Education is the foundation of the human intellect, if you have the passion to help individuals learn and grow, it's for you.
How do I it?
- Hope for the incredible, overcome the impassable, believe in the impossible.
Never to early to prepare
Dr. TJ Wright
The Fruition of
Career Speech for COMM-G100
Dr. Zeb Davenport, Ed.D.
Ed.M in Social & Philosophical Foundations
Concentration: Education, Culture, & Society
M.S. in Social Foundations of Educatio
Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
Contacts? String To Pull
Daily Use Of:
Org COMM (Heavily)
PREVIOUS ROLES: VP for Student Affairs, Assoc. VP for Student Affairs, Director of Multicultural/International Student Services, Director of Financial Aid
What kind of degrees do I need? Where shall I go?
Things To Consider