Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of TEXTILES
January 28, 2014
Intro to Engineering
How the Textile industry started
In the late 1700 the first large-scale factory was formed in Great Britain.
Great Britain also, in 1783,invented the first cotton spinning machine
Spinning mills were introduced to the United States in 1790
Richard Arkwright - Cotton spinning machine
Samuel Slater - spin mill
All of Germany
How did the textiles industry begin. (2014, January 1). In Ask. Retrieved January 28, 2014, from http://www.answers.com/topic/how-did-the-textile-industry-begin
Polch et al. (1973) U.S. Patent No. 3,796,815 U.S. Patent and trademark office
How are textiles made. (2013, May 27). In Softpedia. Retrieved January 28, 2014, from http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-Textiles-Are-Made-76801.shtml
Making the Textiles
All you do for the most part is take the materials gathered and spin them.
New things done to.
New materials as they discover new non-poisonous materials thaat are legal to use as a thread or yarn.
Why were the improvements made
The clothes now have a variety to them, and to be in buisness in a higher market.
Who uses the clothes
1) What can be discovered through the research of past inventions?
The amount of time it took to make the product.
2) If you were a designer what would you do to inhance or change your product?
Clothing isnt much to inhance. You just do whatever with it.
3) What are some global and human impacts that you have occurred?
We have cloths. we are not naked anymore.
4) What are some things that you would do differently if you could present again?
Chose a different topic that i knew nothing about.
Prehistory-600 AD: Ancient and Prehistoric
1000 AD-1589: Medieval history
1590-1599: Modern history
1600-1830:Early modern period
1833-1892: Late modern period